Let’s face it – when most people think about people who support the outdoor lifestyle – hunting in particular – celebrity types rarely come to mind. However, despite the fact that many celebrities go out of their way to condemn hunting in particular, there are some who do embrace the hunting and outdoor lifestyle. Here’s a round-up of 6 celebrities who hunt and fish in real life.
- Karl Malone, retired NBA star: This NBA star is not only an avid hunter and fisherman he has also spearheaded The Karl Malone Youth Conservation Initiative which lets youth know that there is more to life than roaming the streets at night. His organization lets them know that hunting and fishing can as cool as say playing in the NBA.
- Avril Lavigne, singer: This Canadian born pop star who comes off as a skater-girl is no stranger to the outdoor lifestyle. According to Lavigne, much of her youth was spent fishing and hunting in the wilds of Canada despite her family’s expectations that she do something more “girl-like.”
- Eva Longoria, actress: This Desperate Housewives star says that she can skin a dear, pigs, snakes and even more. Statements such as this and her love of hunting have made her subject to criticism from groups like the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (P.E.T.A.).
- Blake Shelton, singer and “The Voice” co-host: This country music star is reputed to have served venison that he and his wife harvested themselves at their wedding.
- Chris Pratt, actor: This former Parks and Recreation star has been everywhere it seems lately. Pratt is reputed to be quite the archer and rifleman and can use either when he is in the wild with great effect. He has said that a trip to the wild with his bow or rifle is his form of release.
- Shaquille O’Neil, retired NBA player and current analyst on “Inside the NBA” TV show: O’Neil frequently goes on hunting excursions and even uses hunting apps to aid in his adventures which he calls “shaqfaris”. This former NBA star also loves bow-hunting and all things having to do with the outdoors.
As you can see, many people enjoy hunting and the outdoors and find it just as relaxing and as much of a challenge as say acting in a movie, or being on the basketball court or music stage. (Of course, if Miss Lavigne decides to drop by we would not turn her away.) For all you non-celebrities we have Argentina duck hunting and Argentina wing shooting that will excite and challenge you like few other activities. Plus, you will be doing farmers a huge favor by helping to control populations like doves, etc.