Scientists say that relationship between man and dog began many centuries ago when wolves – the ancestors of dogs -and man found they completed each other when searching for prey. Nowhere is this partnership more evident than when a hunter takes his trusty companion out into the wild to enjoy the sport of hunting. But which breeds are among the best? Here’s our list of the best hunting dog breeds.
- American foxhound: This small to mid-sized canine was bred for the express purpose of hunting. And although they excel at hunting, tracking and cornering foxes – as you might guess by the name – they are also good at hunting other kinds of prey. They are hard-working, athletic and also make good family dogs as well.
- Brittany spaniel: Brittany spaniels were first acknowledged as a breed by the American Kennel Club in 1934. Since then they have earned the reputation of being a top-notch pointer. This means that they can point and flush out birds easily. Brittany spaniels also make excellent show dogs for anyone interested in demonstrating to others how awesome these animals are.
- Labrador retriever: Labradors are the ultimate waterfowl dog. They have bundles of energy, a natural cold-weather coat and do not mind plunging into icy water to retrieve prey. And although they perform best as bird dogs, they can also be helpful in flushing out other kinds of prey.
- Beagle: Beagles are a lot like the American foxhound but smaller. They are persistent, energetic and love running around in the wild. Although it is not very good as a companion when it comes to hunting big game, they do excel in hunting smaller prey such as rabbits, etc
- American Pit Bull Terrier: For hunters who enjoy going after larger prey than birds, rabbits, etc., the American Pit Bull Terrier is quite capable for pursuing and cornering wild boar, foxes, etc. They are large, scrappy and have incredibly strong jaws. We suggest you adopt this breed if you are in the market for a dog. This serves the dual purpose of potentially have a great hunting dog and helping to reform their somewhat negative image.
Which dog breed do you prefer? Was yours included in our short list of some the most successful hunting breeds. We can make sure that you have all the opportunities you need when Argentina red stag hunting in our country. We also have plenty of Argentina bird hunting for hunters.