One thing that our guests quickly realize is that Argentina has more to recommend it than its hunting alone. Argentina is considered to be one of the preferred destinations for non-hunters too. Yearly, its natural wonders and vibrant, colorful cities and wonderful variety of foods, attracts millions of visitors from all over the world. The “Paris of South America”, captivates visitors for those and many other reasons. Here are just a few of the most captivating facts about Argentina.
- The name Argentina is from the Latin word for silver, argentum. The original Spanish conquerors to the region were met by indigenous people who gave them silver objects as presents.
- Argentina was the first country to use fingerprinting as a form of identification. This occurred when a woman named Francesca Rojas confessed to killing her own children. Her bloody thumb-print was found at the scene of the crime
- Argentina shares a land border with five countries, including Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Bolivia, and Paraguay.
- The most popular dance in the word – the tango – originated in Buenos Aires during the latter half of the 19th century.
- Argentine beef is famous around the world. Many credit this to the fact that cattle here are grass fed on Las Pampas. Moreover, cattle are cut differently than they are in other parts of the world. Cuts are based on the texture of different parts of the cow.
- The national sport of Argentina is Pato. It is a game played on horseback and combines elements of polo with basketball. Pato is the Spanish word for “duck” since the early games used a live duck instead of a ball.
- Perito Moreno Glacier is the third-largest freshwater source. Moreover it is a glacier that is actually growing instead of shrinking as many others around the world are.
- Argentine Quirino Cristiani created the very first animated film in the world, El Apóstol, in 1917. The film clocks in at 70 minutes long and contains more than 58,000 frames.
So, whether you are here for Argentina dove hunting or for hunting big game, Argentina provides the perfect backdrop for your family and friends to enjoy themselves. Our food, culture, people and sites make it one of the world’s fastest growing tourist destinations. Our Argentina bird hunting is alone enough to recommend our country.